SPECIFIC POLYGRAPH TESTS
In a specific polygraph test the test is conducted re specific facts provided to the examiner concerning a specific incident that occurred. It crucial that a pre test interview is held with the person requesting the test to determine exactly what the main objective of the test should be and what should be established upon completion of the test.
PRE EMPLOYMENT POLYGRAPH TESTS
In this instance the polygraph is utilized mainly to determine the subject’s honesty with re to his employment application and possible deviant behaviour at previous places of employment. This kind of test is highly recommended for new applications in key positions in any business.
Typical questions in a pre employment will be as follow:
1. From the age of 18 upwards, were you ever fired from any place of employment?
2. From the age of 18 upwards, did you ever steal anything worth more that R100-
3. From the age of 18 upwards, were you ever part of a criminal gang or criminal syndicate?
4. From the age of 18 upwards, did you ever commit a serious crime and got away with it?
5. Did you supply this company with any false or incorrect information during your application process?
PERIODIC POLYGRAPH TESTS
In this instance the Polygraph is utilized to determine the general honesty of existing employees from time in an effort to separate the trustworthy employees from the deceptive employees that cannot be trusted.
This kind of test is used in different businesses and has proved to be very effective in shrinkage control. Typical questions here will be as follow:
1. During the past three months, did you help or assist anyone to steal anything from this business?
2. During the past three months, did you steal anything worth more than R100-
3. During the past three months, did you see anyone steal anything from this business and did not report it?
4. During the past three months, did you receive any money or rewards for anything that was stolen from this business?
In this instance I think the word “Infidelity” by itself explain the procedure by itself. This kind of test is not recommended if there is still any hope for rectifying any relationship. The polygraph should be considered as a last resource in such cases and where it involves a married couple it is highly recommended to rather seek counselling from a professional marriage councillor.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS
Polygraph Institution can provide clients with criminal record checks either by ID Numbers or Fingerprint Tests.
With Regard to fingerprint tests The Polygraph Institution is linked with Ideco who is the service provider on behalf of the SAPS. The Ideco AFI-
CCMA PRESENTATION AND EXPERT WITNESS STATEMENTS
All examiners at the Polygraph Institution are well trained as expert witnesses in labour related cases and also trained to testify in CCMA cases where applicable. Please see attached cases where the polygraph evidence was successfully represented in CCMA as well as labour court issues.
CREDIT BACKGROUND CHECKS
The Polygraph Institution is also able to do a credit check on subjects that supply a huge part of the subject’s personal details such as: previous employers, previous and current addresses, previous and current phone numbers, and credit status. (Please note all subjects should be informed that such checks will be conducted on them and they must sign the necessary consent form for such checks)
VERIFICATION OF PERSONAL DETAILS
In this instance the Polygraph Institution use national databases that are linked with internal affairs to verify different details as requested by the client on a specific subject such as: Verification of ID numbers, Qualifications previous employment and many more. This is used to determine and verify the profile of the subject. (Please note all subjects should be informed that such checks will be conducted on them and they must sign the necessary consent form for such checks)
All rights reserved © Copy right by Polygraph Institution | Designed by Web For You